Friday 21 September 2012

A day at home

It was a very cold and very gray day yesterday so I decided to clean a few cupboards , a job I have put off for weeks and weeks, but now the cupboard door refuses to shut, so I guess it's time..
The kids gleefully 'helped' for the first half an hour or so, but after having a great time pulling EVERYTHING out and spreading it all over the living room floor, the task seemed rather less like fun and more like work , (a thought I shared wholeheartedly with them), so they scampered off, while I trudged on.

While I tendered to the tedious task of picking through thousands of 'things' that didn't have homes... they had a lovely time playing......


Puppet shows, much to Arwen's delight....











The dolls house provided much entertainment, Anton and Becca setting up a long and complex play and Arwen joining in where she could but also doing much observing and trying to keep up with what was happening....



















Enjoying finishing a forgotten box of chocolate I found in the back of a cupboard.....




And discovering that Arwen can now figure out how to get herself up the bench and into the ,previously safe, medicine cupboard (gasp!!!!) (Something else to sort out)....





the dress is a christmas one, gifted to us recently, and for some reason Becca and her found it particularly fitting today....







Despite starting off with best intentions (here's me thinking it'll be a piece of cake to get things done with inly three children at  home?!?! Hmmmm, must rethink that thought) I managed to get only one cupboard done to an 'acceptable' state, and the rest... well ,I guess, there's always tomorrow (looking forward to already ,not!!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment