Thursday 21 June 2012

When the bad weather finally cleared


By afternoon the bleak weather had finally cleared, so I suggested maybe a bike ride... this was not met by much enthusiasm by the wee ones.... infact their response looked something like this...


 He's still cute even when he's grumpy.


OK so no bike ride, so we feed some hay to the goats......


A team effort...


Rebecca decided that Arwen needed a hand to reach over the fence, but I don't think Arwen was expecting this kind of angle...


A bit of recovery time was required after this




 Goats now satisfied, I tried the bike ride idea again... it was a no go... so we compromised with a trip to the river mouth down the road instead.

Despite a few unenthusiastic comments, we went anyway


 the boys found their enthusiasm as soon as we got there, but Becca remained unconvinced, mind you in her defense she's not well at the moment, and maybe a cold winter evening outing wasn't the best idea for her, but it did feel good to be outside...



Our eldest helping the little one along her way....


It was a good evening to be at the beach (albeit a cold one), something about that clear air after a storm.

The kids did what they do.....

They explored...


They discovered.....

One boy and one board equals a whole heap of fun....
This is 'sand surfing' (apparantly !!)




When he was all 'surfed' out, he was off to see what else this board could offer...


this log certainly looked like it had potential..



For some, a bit of quiet comtemplation....


..or maybe that was some warming up out of the breeze.

This was serious contemplation though...



the boys had serious exploring and discovering to do though, they were on the move....


and with great pace too...



The sun was sinking fast, and so I gathered the troups (always taking longer than I think it will ,of course)
and we headed back, but the light was so lovely I suggested a group photo.... as expected, this was did not get a positive response... but I tried anyway...

I got some a couple of crappy photo's that I later put on computer and quite by mistake got something i found kinda funky out of them..


I like them anyway






I love monotone stuff, but I try to remember that other people like colour too.




When they had a moment of loveing-each-other-ness(pretty sure that's not a word, but it works here)
and I grabbed this


 which is kinda nice.

Monotone has a whole other thing going on though.
 I think the kids realised that if they stood close they were warmer (yes it was really cold) so they stayed together for a few seconds, (as opposed to the fleeting half a second I usually get) so I got grab another one.


and then they were off..








Home to light the fire, boil the jug for hot cup of lemon honey, a nice warm bath, bit of dinner and a couple of chapters of Milly Molly Mandy before tucking up in bed.
Just what you need on a winters night.

No comments:

Post a Comment