Tuesday 31 July 2012

soul time

Today I caught myself rushing around with piles of 'stuff', collected from various rooms around the house, putting them all in the appropriate bedrooms depending on who they all belonged too (I'm not a tidy person by nature, but sometimes the mess gets too much even for me), I whizzed into the younger ones bedroom deposited clothes and other belongings in the right places, and then as I was rushing out I realised I hadn't even stopped to watch our baby (she's two now, but I guess she will always be 'our baby') sleeping so peacefully on her brothers bed. I gave some considerable thought to all the 'housework' I 'needed' to get through..... then remembered the advice of countless older mum's who all seem to say that these younger years are the best times of their lives, and that I was not to be too busy to miss them...... and I stopped... and I soaked it up.... there is something truly magical and oh so peaceful about being in the presence of a sleeping young one.... and I allowed my soul to indulge in it..... and it was good.....







1 comment:

  1. Such a sleeping beauty!
    (That last picture is especially beautiful! She must sleep so soundly for you to be snapping shots so close!)

    ReplyDelete